Top 10 Benefits of Warm Lemon Water
Having a healthy morning routine is a wonderful way to set the tone for the rest of the day, and one of the best and simplest ways to do so is by drinking a glass of warm lemon water. This is the first thing I do when I entire my kitchen each morning (well, after feeding my dog!) and it always leaves me feeling energized and ready to tackle the day!
Here are my top 10 favorite benefits of drinking warm lemon water:
1. Balances pH levels. Although lemons are naturally acidic, they are actually the opposite once they are metabolized. Lemons are extremely alkalizing and help to remove overall acidity in the body, which is the primary cause of pain and inflammation.
2. Supports immune health. Drinking lemon water every day gives you a major boost of vitamin C which is essential for proper immune system function. Lemons are also high in potassium which helps control blood pressure and stimulates nerve function.
3. Helps with weight loss. Lemons are high in pectin fiber which helps fight hunger cravings.
4. Clears skin. Lemons are high in vitamin C and antioxidants that help fight free radical damage and decrease blemishes and wrinkles. Lemon water purges toxins from the bloodstream which your skin cells will surely benefit from. It can also be applied directly to the skin to reduce the appearance of scars and age spots.
5. Super hydrating. We all know how important water is, and by adding lemon you are enhancing your H20 with tons of essential minerals. Lemon water hydrates the lymphatic system by replacing fluids the body has lost.
6. Acts as a natural diuretic. Lemon water flushes out toxins from the body at an increased rate of urination, keeping your urinary tract healthy.
7. Supports healing. Ascorbic acid or vitamin C, which is in abundance in lemons, is known to promote wound healing as well as healthy bones and cartilage production.
8. Natural stress reliever. The scent of lemon enhances your mood and reduces anxiety and depression.
9. Helps kick the caffeine cravings! More often than not, I will find myself around 4pm realizing I never had one single cup of caffeine the entire day. I always recommend having a glass of warm lemon water before your usual cup of coffee or tea. You may find yourself reaching for a second glass of lemon water instead of caffeine!
10. Aids in digestion. Drinking warm lemon water first thing in the morning helps to flush the digestive system and rehydrate the body. It can also help regulate bowel movements.
I hope you try it out and feel for yourself all of the amazing benefits lemon water has to offer!