In honor of April Fool’s day coming up, I give you one of the tastiest fake-out’s you ever did see: Cauliflower Buffalo Wings with Vegan Ranch! (No chick’s were harmed in the making of these “wings”!!!)
These cauliflower wings are better for your health than your average greasy chicken wing, without sacrificing the taste. Dip one in some vegan ranch and OMG is all you will have to say about it.
This dish is sure to be a hit at a party, and saving some extra ranch to enjoy as a salad dressing or spread in a cauliflower buffalo wing wrap (with a whole grain or gluten-free tortilla) would be a fantastic idea!
They are baked not fried, contain no gluten, dairy, eggs, or animal products, and are 100% plant-based and amazing. Not to mention how insanely good this vegan ranch tastes!
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings with Vegan Ranch
Cauliflower Buffalo Wings Ingredients:
1 head cauliflower
1 cup unsweetened original almond milk
1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
1 cup Frank’s Red Hot
2 Tbs unrefined coconut oil
3 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Vegan Ranch Ingredients:
1 cup raw cashews, soaked
1/2 cup unsweetened original almond milk
1/2 cup water
2 Tbs + 2 tsp apple cider vinegar, divided
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chives
1 tsp parsley
1 tsp drill
1/2 tsp sea salt + 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
1. Prepare vegan ranch by soaking cashews for a minimum of 2-3 hours to help aid in digestion.
2. Once cashews have finished soaking, strain and rinse then place in a blender with 1/2 cup water, and only 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar. Blend until cashews are completely smooth and creamy.
3. Next add remaining vegan ranch ingredients and blend again until all ingredients are combined.
4. Pour dressing into an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to use.
5. Preheat oven to 450 degrees and lightly grease a baking tray with coconut oil.
6. In a large bowl, whisk together almond milk, gluten-free flour, garlic powder and onion powder.
7. Cut up cauliflower into florets or “wings,” and toss in the batter until all pieces are covered.
8. Place battered cauliflower onto the baking tray and cook for 20 minutes.
9. While the cauliflower is in the oven, prepare the sauce by placing Frank’s Red Hot and coconut oil in a medium size sauce pan until melted and combined.
10. Once the cauliflower has finished cooking, remove the “wings” from the tray and toss them directly into the sauce pan and until cover in hot sauce mixture.
11. Place the “wings” back on the baking tray and cook for another 10 minutes.
12. Remove tray from the oven and let cool. Prepare your meal or appetizer with a side of vegan ranch, carrots and celery!
13. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Vegan ranch lasts for up to two weeks in the fridge in an airtight container.
I hope you all enjoy this healthy spin on a classic buffalo wing, and Happy April Fool’s!