I'm back with more chocolate peppermint! I know, I know, two recipes in a row. But, seriously..I can't get enough. Today I am taking it up a notch, though, with some seriously super ingredients that make this dessert more than just a sweet treat.
Similar to my recipe for Cacao Bark, this recipe for Chocolate Crunch Peppermint Bark is also loaded with fiber and healthy fat (coconut oil), antioxidants (cacao), and unrefined sweetness (brown rice syrup), but what this bark has above all the rest is...GREENS! Say what?! You read right! The amazing super greens company, Amazing Grass, has created some awesome holiday blends including Holiday Cookie, Pumpkin Spice, and of course, Chocolate Peppermint! Which is what I used for this delicious recipe.
One scoop of the Chocolate Peppermint green superfood powder includes a blend of grasses and greens (wheatgrass, barley grass, spirulina, chlorella), fruits, vegetables, antioxidants (maca, carrot, green tea, acai, beet, raspberry) digestive enzymes, and probiotics! Making this dessert way more than just a sweet treat, but a healthy one as well!
My friends at Amazing Grass have created an awesome discount code just for you guys! Enter code NARCHER16 at checkout for 40% off Amazing Grass Products when you visit www.amazinggrass.com! Now you have no excuse to load up on your greens.
Chocolate Crunch Peppermint Bark
1 cup unrefined coconut oil
1 cup crunchy brown rice cereal
1/2 cup brown rice syrup or sub pure maple syrup
2/3 cup raw cacao powder
1 tsp peppermint extract
a pinch of sea salt
1. In a medium-sized saucepan, melt coconut oil over low heat.
2. Once coconut oil is almost completely melted, add in brown rice syrup and whisk together.
3. Then pour in the peppermint, cacao, and sea salt. Whisk all ingredients together again until combined, and remove from heat.
4. Add in cereal and stir, making sure all of the cereal is coated and all ingredients are mixed together well.
5. Line an 8x8 baking tray with parchment paper, and pour chocolate evenly into the tray.
6. Place in the freezer for 20 minutes to set, then remove from freezer and break into whatever size pieces you’d like.
7. Store covered in the freezer to prevent melting.
I hope you all enjoy this delicious (and healthy!) treat. Happy Holidays!