So I’ll admit it…I am a total chocoholic! I could eat it every single day. I don’t go crazy for just any old chocolate, though. I love myself a deliciously dark piece of chocolate. Preferable organic and no less than 72%. However, even if it does meet up to my chocolate “standards,” most bars are still loaded with refined sugars and other junk that I do not want to be putting into my body on a daily basis.
Because of this, I sought out to create the perfect chocolate that is completely vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar-free, and what I came up with was pure magic.
This Cacao Bark is one of the best things I have ever tasted and it only takes about 5 minutes to make and 15 to freeze. Talk about simple!
With Valentine’s Day coming up, this would be the perfect dessert to share with your loved one, or even to treat yourself with (which is just as important, by the way)!
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/3 brown rice syrup
1/2 cup raw cacao powder
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
2 Tbs goji berries
1 Tbs cacao nibs
1 tsp vanilla extract
dash of cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
1. Place the slivered almonds, coconut flakes, and goji berries in a bowl and place aside.
2. In a saucepan, melt coconut oil on low heat then add brown rice syrup, vanilla, cacao powder, cinnamon and sea salt. Stir all ingredients together and remove from heat.
3. Next add only 1/2 of the almond, coconut, and goji berry mixture to the pan and stir.
4. Line a square baking tray with parchment paper and pour in the chocolate evenly. Add the remaining almond, coconut and goji berry mixture, and cacao nibs on top.
5. Place the tray in the freezer for 15 minutes, or until frozen. Once the chocolate has hardened, break into whatever size pieces you like.
6. Devour! Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to a couple of months.
I hope you all enjoy this guilt-free treat and that you have a very Happy Valentine's Day!