These Superfood Bites are one of my all time favorite recipes. I always have them in my fridge! They are by far the easiest and healthiest snack and are the perfect go-to when you need a little energy pick me up. These bites are filled with some of the most amazing super foods in the world including flax seed, chia seed, almonds, walnuts, spirulina, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, raisins, dates, coconut, and goji berries.
Goji berries have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for years and are a wonderful source of antioxidants. They are full of fiber, vitamin C, are low in calories, fat-free, and have been known to help boost the immune system.
These little bites of energy are an extremely nutrient dense snack. They are also a great dessert and will satisfy all of those sweet cravings, without throwing you out of your healthy eating routine.
Nutrition in Superfood Bites
omega-3, 6 & 9
vitamins (C, A, E, D, K, rich in B vitamins, folic acid)
minerals (iron, potassium, calcium, manganese, magnesium, zinc)
(Makes 12-14 Bites)
20 pitted dates
3 Tbs organic raw almonds
3 Tbs organic raw walnuts
2 Tbs organic sunflower seed butter
2 Tbs water
1 Tbs ground flax seed
1 Tbs chia seed
1 Tbs unsweetened shredded coconut
1 Tbs organic raw pumpkin seeds
1 Tbs organic raw sunflower seeds
1 Tbs goji berries
1 Tbs organic raisins
1 tsp spirulina
1. Place almonds and walnuts in food processor and blend until fine like a flour, leaving a few of the pieces chopped.
2. Add dates and blend again until combined. Then add all remaining ingredients except for the water and blend.
3. Once all ingredients are combined, add the water and blend once more until everything is nice and sticky.
4. With a spoon, scoop and roll the mix into small balls and set in the freezer for up to an hour to set.
5. Then store covered in the fridge (they will last a couple of weeks...that is if they haven't all been eaten by then) and enjoy!
I hope you all love these Superfood Bites as much as I do, and that they become your new favorite healthy snack!