Roasted Cauliflower with Pine Nuts + Onions
Thanksgiving is less than a week away and I have two more delicious, plant-strong recipes to share with all of you! I will be posting my "main" dish in the next couple days, but for now I have another wonderful side dish that is perfect for your holiday table.
Lately all I want to eat is cauliflower. I love all of the different ways it can be prepared, and all of the things it can be pared with. One of my all time favorite combos is onions and pine nuts. So I figured why not throw all three of these favorites together and turn it in to one killer side dish that you and yours are sure to love.
This side of Roasted Cauliflower with Pine Nuts + Onions is so simple to make, it took me practically no time to throw together. With little ingredients and prep, this dish is a no brainer for your holiday menu.
Roasted Cauliflower with Pine Nuts + Onion
1 head of cauliflower
1.5 cups sweet onion, sliced
3 Tbs pine nuts
1 Tbs olive oil
1-2 garlic cloves, chopped or minced
1/2 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp turmeric
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Rinse cauliflower, break into florets, and slice into steaks.
3. Place cauliflower in a medium-large mixing bowl with sliced onion, pine nuts, olive oil, garlic, and remaining seasonings.
4. Mix well with your hands until all ingredients are combined.
5. Place on a nonstick baking tray (or one lined with parchment paper) and cook for 30-35 minutes, or until roasted to your liking. Turning every so often so not to stick or burn.
6. Store covered in the fridge for up to a week.
*This recipe serves 3-4 but can be easily doubled or even tripled for a larger serving.
I hope this delicious dish makes it to your table next Thursday, and that you gobble it right up! Get it?
Be on the look out for one more holiday recipe, along with my Very Vegan Holiday Menu round up, coming soon to the blog!