I love simple recipes. Recipes that require five ingredients or less and barely any time to prep. Especially in the summer, recipes like these are my go-to. These Ombre Coconut Chia Popsicles are one of those recipes!
Only five whole-food ingredients that are dairy-free and full of heathy fat from the coconut milk, omega-3 fatty acids from the chia seeds, and antioxidants from the blueberries! Since they are sweetened with pure maple syrup (one of my favorite low-glycemic sweeteners) they are also refined-sugar free, which means they are a much healthier option than any of their high-fructose filled counterparts.
These pops are creamy, delicious, and full of plant-based nutrients, making them the perfect way to beat the heat this summer!
Ombre Coconut Chia Popsicles
(Makes 8 Servings)
1 can full-fat unsweetened coconut milk
1/4 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
2 Tbs chia seeds
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Place coconut milk in a medium-size mixing bowl and set aside.
2. Add blueberries to a blender and blend until pureed. If using frozen berries, add 2 tablespoons of coconut milk to help blend if necessary.
3. Add maple syrup, vanilla, and chia seeds to the coconut milk and whisk until combined.
4. Divide coconut milk mixture evenly between the popsicle molds and place in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.
5. Remove from freezer and top with berry puree, then freeze for another 30 minutes. Insert popsicle sticks and place back in the freezer for 4-6 hours or until frozen.
Notes: To remove popsicles from molds, let them sit out for just a few minutes or run under lukewarm water for a couple of seconds. You could use honey instead of maple syrup and a different berry or a blend of berries. A lower-fat coconut milk would also work, but it will result in an "icier" pop.
If you are in need of a great ice pop mold, I use this one and love it!
I hope you all enjoy these Ombre Coconut Chia Popsicles! Be sure to tag @nutritiouslynatalie on Instagram so I can see your creations!